Click here to review the 2018 Rider Guide.
Whether you’re a beginner or an avid cyclist, here are some tips as you prepare for your ride.
- It’s important to start training early so you have plenty of time to prepare for the ride. Find a training timeline that works for your schedule.
- Organize your own training rides with friends and teammates to help you reach your goal.
- Enjoy the process of training for your ride-it should be fun!
- Ride safely during your training and practice your safety tips. Obey the rules of the road.
- Connect with cyclists who have more experience to share tips and information.
- Evaluate your equipment and get what you need for a comfortable ride. Make sure your bike and helmet fit you properly. Visit a local bike shop for more information on proper fitting.
- Stay hydrated and find the right nutrition plan for you.
- Don’t forget to rest. In addition to days off during your training schedule, plan to get enough sleep at night so you have more energy for your ride.
- Stretching or foam rolling can reduce tightness and soreness after a ride.
- Ride new roads once in a while to add variety to your routine.
- Do a quick ABC bike check before every ride. Check the air in your tires, your breaks and your chain.